Painting, Sculpture, architecture, design
Born in 1985, the Italian sculptor, painter and designer Vincenzo Muratore sees arts as a way to stimulate a deep connection with themselves and the beauty of life.
He has redesigned and rebuilt hermitages, churches and libraries from abandoned buildings in
rural areas of Sicily, exhibited in prestigious biennals and has been involved in several solo exhibitions. Living and working in London from 2017, Muratore has continued producing
artistc projects on topics like migration, disabilty, introspection.
- SYNTHESIS, solo exhibition, 6 December 2018—ongoing , Consulate General of Italy, London. Curator: Elisabetta Rizzutto.
- PERCEPTION, interational group exhibition, 1 – 30 March 2019, MFR19 Roma Festival, Curator: LoosenArt, , Millepiani , Rome.
- Chelsea Art Society , Annual Exhibition . Selected and Exhibited, November 2018.
- Be a Man, collective exhibition, 14 October -6 November 2018, Theatre Deli , London. Curators: Lauren Little, Dark Yellow Dot
Danielle Florence, Theatre Deli , Sophie Nahmad, Theatre Deli .
- II BIAS, International Biannual Exhibition of Sacred Art – April to 2018 – Palermo, Venice, Egypt, Israel, Palestine. www.biasinstitute.it Curator: Chiara Modica Donà dale Rose.
- London City Island Exhibition – February 2018– London City Island Gallery, curator: Senem Cagla Bilgin.
- Autumn Exhibition – November 2017- Trinity Art Studio, London- curator: Ian Felton.
- Summer Exhibition – July 2017 – Trinity Art Studio, London- curator: Ian Felton.
- BIAS, International Biannual Exhibition of Sacred Art – September to January 2016 – Palermo, Italy. www.biasinstitute.it My artworks were exhibited in several locations of the city centre, such as Palermo Cathedral, the church of San Giovanni degli Eremiti, and the Museum of Contemporary art “RISO”. Curator: Chiara Modica Donà dale Rose.
- Deus Absconditus, solo exhibition – October/November 2012 – Loggiato San Bartolomeo, Palermo, Italy. Curator: Rita Cedrini.
- Spiritual Geographies (Geografie dello Spirito), solo exhibition – May/June 2011 – Cinisi, Palermo, Italy. Curator: Comunità Trinità della Pace.
- Faces of Mystery (Volti del Mistero) solo exhibition – August 2010 – Sambuca di Sicilia Agrigento, Italy. Curator: Comunità Trinità della Pace.
- CREATION, to my father – Sculpture at Palermo Cathedral, Unesco Heritage.
- VITAe – Sculpture at Purrere di Sambuca di Sicilia, Agrigento, Italy. Commissioned by the international association Intervitis, Strade del Vino Terre Sicane.
- COME TERRA (Like Earth) – At Giardino della Creazione Nuova, Contessa Entellina, Palermo, Italy.
- CHURCH TRINITÀ DELLA PACE NUOVA – design and restoration of the church situated in Contessa Entellina, Palermo, Italy. Commissioned by Comunità Trinità della Pace.
- Hermitage EREMO BLU DELLA PACE – design and restoration of the hermitage obtained by an abandoned building originally erected in the 50’s. Contessa Entellina, Palermo, Italy. Commissioned by Comunità Trinità della Pace.
- ETTY HILLESUM Chapel – design and creation of the chapel dedicated to Etty Hillesum. Contessa Entellina, Palermo, Italy. Commissioned by Comunità Trinità della Pace.
- Library GIROLAMO SAVONAROLA – design and creation of the library. Contessa Entellina, Palermo, Italy. Commissioned by Comunità Trinità della Pace.
- SYNTHESIS – 2019 Catalogue, Comunità Trinità della Pace Edizione
- CHELSEA ART SOCIETY– annual exhibition 2018.
- ARTE E ARTISTI CONTEMPORANEI—2017, art catalogue published by Pagine edizioni
- DEUS ABSCONDITUS – 2012, exhibition catalogue published by Officina Trinacria edizioni;
- BIAS – 2016, catalogue of the International Biennial Exhibition of Sacred Art, Palermo,
- NON HO VISTO DIO (I didn’t see god) – 2016, written by Pietro Gullo and published by Comunità Trinità della Pace Edizioni, Contessa Entellina, Palermo, Italy.
- IL GIORNALE DELL’ARTE – 2017, interviews on BIAS 2016 by Giusy Diana.
This post is also available in: Inglese